Here’s a little secret. When a couple hires both myself and French Knot Studios, we like to pamper them with lots of extra attention. One of those extras is that Audrey will come along to your engagement session to help style outfits, carry props, make you giggle and look extra fabulous. We had so much fun with these two – Jessica has an amazing array of cutie dresses to play with and Jimmy is just always up for a good time!
Jessica & Jimmy adore Savannah’s charming history & architecture and are including many of its elements in their wedding – namely Savannah’s beautiful wrought iron. So for the engagement session, we found it fitting to explore Savannah’s beautiful streets in search of its best wrought iron gates, stair rails and windows.
Jessica & Jimmy are friends with the Savannah Theater – lucky them – they had the marquis be their “save the date.”After taking a few hauntingly beautiful images on Factor’s Walk near River Street, we ended their session with drinks at Kevin Barrys – Jessica & Jimmy’s favorite spot to hang.J & J – thank you so much for trusting me as your wedding photographer! I have had a blast getting to know you this year and cannot wait for your amazing wedding this Spring!
You may remember beautiful Hannah from both Mallory & Bradley’s wedding and Beth & Tim’s wedding. Hannah also loved Beth & Tim’s venue so much that she also used the adorable goat farm, Elodie Farms as her wedding location. I love it. The property offers a gorgeous white farm house in which to get ready and has beautiful sprawling lawns and trees and the cutest goats ever against which to photograph your day. Hannah chose a modern palette of mostly black and white but added seasonal pops of orange and gold. She and her bridesmaids cleverly painted pumpkins for their decor.
Hannah and Justin opted to do a First Look – a smart idea when your entire day is happening at one venue. This allowed us to capture their sweet reactions and then do most of their portraits before the ceremony. Yay!Hannah’s sweet dad BUILT these benches. That’s right, he MADE them – isn’t he the coolest?Nothing keeps guests happier on a chilly Fall night than a bonfire, lots of drink and dancing!Hannah and Justin – thank you so much for choosing and trusting me as your wedding photographer. I couldn’t have asked for a sweeter, more laid back couple. Your wedding was a true reflection of your friends and family and your sweet love for each other and I’m forever grateful to have documented it!
Hi ya sweets! Can you believe its 2015!? Holy crap time flies when you’re having fun and 2014 was probably the funnest. It was such a big year for me – here are some of the goals I achieved and other highlights:
– Spent New Year’s with our old friends in Madrid, Spain
– The most exciting, I went full time with my business!!!!!!!
– photographed 20 amazing weddings all over the Southeast including GA, NC, TN and TX
– photographed more boudoir sessions this year – something I def love doing – come on ladies!
– photographed two surprise proposals!
– 2000 followers on facebook (my goal was 1000) and 0ver 1000 followers on instagram (my goal was 700)
– Attended the Alt Summit summer session in Salt Lake City, Utah – this experience was amazing and allowed me to network with an amazing array of creative professionals & national brands – I’m going again this January!
– along with French Knot Studios, was commissioned by Wedding Paper Divas to create 5 styled shoots inspired by their Fall/Winter invitation line – you have seen some of these start popping up on wedding blogs – stay tuned for more!
– Martin and I moved to Athens and bought our first house! (Martin started a PHD program at UGA – but don’t worry Savannah folks, Im there ALL THE TIME! I can’t stay awayBut I love using this period to extend my services to the Athens/ATL area, yay!)
My favorite part about throwing or attending a party? It gives you a reason to wear sequins! Fellow “glitterati” Gray Harper Event Maker loves sparkle as much as I do so when Savannah Magazine asked her to create a beautiful New Year’s Eve party, you better bet gold and sequins would have their place! Along with help from Savannah’s best, she threw a glittering party with modern stripes, pops of pinks, playful food and lots of bubbly! Enjoy!
A special thank you to Style Me Pretty for their featuring us – see it here!